Gone are those days when we had to stand in a queue to buy our daily utility products. Today, as the world is getting digitized, so why would shopping not get digitized. One company which brought a revolution to the shopping industry in India is Flipkart. It flipped the coins of the traditional shopping and made our shopping experience fun-like! Huge discounts, handsome offers, fast delivery services, one of the best post delivery services and customer support and above all, it also got emotionally attached with Indians as it is one of the most successful Indian start-ups!
Headquartered in Bengaluru, this electronic commerce company was founded by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in October’07. Initially, they began with their digital range under the name of DigiFlip which included Laptops, tablets, cell phones and similar electronic devices.
Both, Sachin and Binny worked at Amazon after graduating from IIT-D but then left Amazon for starting Flipkart Online Services Pvt. Ltd. Today, it has more than 33,000 employs covering the entire range of goods that get delivered to your doorstep.
Initially, they had spent ₹400,000 (US$5,900) only for making the website to set up the business and today, it generates a revenue of 102.4 billion ₹.
They have acquired WeRead, Myntra, PhonePe, ChakPak, LetsBuy, Mime360 and other such companies to transfer the traffic from these sites to theirs. Now, let’s look at their main attractions:
- Motorola, Xiaomi, and Microsoft Yu Yunique tied up with Flipkart and started selling their smartphones in India, exclusively via Flipkart!
- Other than that, they also have their own range of digital products named under DigiFlip.
- The Big Billion Day: In October’14 Flipkart launched TBBD to get more consumers. However, they were successful in their aim but suffered a lot of criticism from consumers, retailers, partners regarding the product quality and services.
As they say, every coin has two sides. There is more to look towards the positive side as well.
- Both the founders, Sachin and Binny entered into TIME Magazine’s 100 Most influential people in 2016.
- They also entered in Forbes India Rich List. They debuted at the 86th position with a net worth of $1.3 billion each.
Flipkart also backed Young Turk of the Year at CNBC TV 18’s ‘India Business Leader Awards 2012.
Well, if you are looking to buy from Flipkart, then you must be aware of Flipkart Cashback offers and Flipkart coupons. With handsome discount and attractive deals, Flipkart offers offer you huge discount plus best post delivery services.
PRO TIP: Use savemonk.com as a mediator to buy your stuff from Flipkart. With additional savings and cashback options your shopping experience will become the best experience.
I must say that today, Kalyan Krishnamurthy (CEO) is doing an outstanding job to compete with giants like AMAZON and have come this far. Saving people’s time and money is not an easy task and Flipkart has been doing this since 2007.
If you liked the article, do leave a comment in the comment section. Until next time, Happy Shopping J