Rice is the staple food all across the Indian household and it is loved by most. Rice is even used in various Hindu pujas and it is one of the most essential ingredients without which certain pujas cannot be done. It is very important for the Hindus and also for all the people living in the Indian subcontinent. Rice is very filling as well and a simple rice dish not only tastes good if prepared well, but it also can keep you full for hours and thus it can be a great item for losing weight.
Take a look at the various kinds of rice dishes that are popular all across India and these can be made easily at home as well. So, surprise your family by cooking one of this special dish of rice today itself.
- Veg Pulao: This is one of the best veg rice dishes that are loved by millions of Indians. It is especially a boon for the entire vegetarian out there who is unable to eat many of the non-veg rice dishes. This is a great alternative to even the best of the Biriyani. Puloa or Pilaf is originally belongs to the Middle East and the invaders brought it to India. You an easily find recipes by searching veg pulao in Tamil in the internet. It contains seasonal vegetables and the great aroma comes from the use of sautéed whole spices.
- Puliyogare: Puliyogare or Tamarind rice is one of the best dishes of South India. It is loved by all and it contains tamarind which is very good for our body. The complex flavours come from the mixture of sesame oil and several Indian spices. When you want to eat something spicy and something with a great taste, and then do opt for Puliyogare. There are various versions of this dish that is found in several places of South India and it is also offered as prasadam in various temples of South India.
- Biriyani: It is one of the best rice items that have ever been produced in the world. This extremely delicious dish has variety of types depending on its place of origin in India and also it has been influenced by all the invaders who have come to the Indian subcontinent and who brought with them their recipes and in turn Biriyani was born. Loved by the royals it got its signature taste in the various kitchens of the royals of India.
- Bisi bele bhath: this dish originated in the state of Karnataka. This is a lentil based dish and that is why it provides good amount of nutrition. It also contains tamarind pulp, spices, vegetables curry leaves. It is actually a complete meal in itself and only eating this dish will be enough as it contain everything needed for a proper whole course meal.
- Tahri: It is a very famous Awadhi dish. This rice dish is a popular food of north India and t contains meat but mainly it is a vegetarian dish. It is mainly eaten with yoghurt. It contains potatoes.