We all know how important it is to leverage the pre-employment tests in order to select the most appropriate candidates for the job. Making a wrong choice can cost a lot to your company in future.
However, there are many business leaders who get confused between the pre-hire assessment and the personality test. There are many factors such as validity, reliability, and the accuracy of the predictions that make the pre-employment tests much better than the personality tests.
Here, you will get the comparison of all the reasons that make the skill tests better than personality tests.
- Job performance: The personality tests don’t provide accurate conclusions regarding the job performance of a candidate. The measurements achieved with this test make it difficult to ensure that usefulness of a candidate in a particular job designation.
On the other hand, the skill tests are designed to offer accurate predictions regarding the job performance of a candidate.
- Validity: The validity of the personality tests also comes under question for the hiring purposes. Many types of research have shown that the personality of a person has only a minor relation to his or her performance. The rest of the performance depends on the skills of the person. Hence, the personality tests don’t offer complete justification to the needs of hiring procedure.
- Specificity: The skill tests come with specific nature. For instance, if you want to hire an Android developer, there are specific tests available for that purpose. This kind of trait doesn’t come with the personality assessment. Hence, the importance of skill tests before hiring becomes much more important for the enterprises.
- Reliability: When it comes to testing the candidates for a job, the personality doesn’t offer the top levels of reliability. You need a clear idea of the person’s capacity to perform the role for the company. And that assessment is only possible when you test the skills of the candidates. The more specific your test is, the more reliable the results get. Hence, you need the testing platform that offers the industry as well as the job-specific tests to help your hiring procedure.
- Score fluctuation: Score fluctuation is another factor that makes the skill test better. According to experts, the personality tests scores of candidates change drastically during the tests. On the other hand, the skill tests provide accuracy and the clear growth with the experience of the candidate. Hence, the personality traits fail to offer a stable ground to hire a candidate.
Finally, it is clear that the employee assessment test has a great advantage over the personality test when it comes to hiring. Hence, when you plan your hiring strategy, the correct test selection is very important. Don’t just pick personality assessment just because it is easy. With the availability of reliable platforms, the skill assessment has become effectively convenient as well.
So, make the right decision and leverage the availability of both kinds of tests while hiring candidates. Also, don’t forget to consult the experts to enhance the results.