Sharing of your Internet connection with other wired and wireless devices is now easy, just turn on WiFi hotspot of your windows PC and distribute the happiness all over. But you should know its features, how to set it up and the version of the window you are currently using. Also remember, for the Netgear WiFi Range Extender Setup, you are supposed to turn off your public WiFi hotspot. By doing this you can secure your devices from hacking. Now, let us go further to go help you with your process.
For your Windows 10 Computer
You are fortunate that you are going through with the latest technologies. This kind of software consists of a single click button to permit the public hotspot. It doesn’t care about your devices, whether they are wired or wireless, it is compatible with all. You just need to follow some below given steps-
- Head over to settings by hitting the key named WINDOWS + 1 (mutual). Now, on the foremost page of settings, click on the section that will be visible in front of you with the name of NETWORK & INTERNET.
- As soon as the above section page displays, snap on the option MOBILE HOTSPOT that you will get on the left side of your home screen.
- Swap the SHARE MY INTERNET CONNECTION WITH OTHER DEVICES (toggle switch) on the right panel of your screen.
- On the above-given EDIT button, if you want to change the default SSID settings, click on that icon and change them according to your own aspiration and then go further to SAVE the settings.
For your Windows 8 Computer–
Regrettably, the Windows 8 has exposed the settings of graphical interface. So, it is not easy for you to turn on your WiFi hotspot and setting up a familiar network. Do have a look on some below-given steps:
- Combine the WINDOWS + R keys to open the RUN dialog box, to make sure that your existing wireless connection is shared with other users. Once opened the box, you need to type cpl and go further with it by hitting ENTER.
- Now, on the displayed window of NETWORK CONNECTIONS, right-click on the icon wireless network.
- After that, from the context menu, select the wireless properties.
- Click on SHARING, and look for ALLOW OTHER USER TO CONNECT THROUGH THIS COMPUTER INTERNET CONNECTION and click on OK to carry on.
Note– Users tend to click on ALLOW OTHER NETWORK USERS TO CONTROL AND DISABLE THE SHARED INTERNET CONNECTION.
- Select the COMMAND PROMPT and press the combination key WINDOWS + X. Now, it’s the turn to enable the public hotspot, just select the option COMMAND PROMPT (Admin).
- Once the prompt is open type, netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=”<SSID” key=”<PASSWORD>”
- The SSID stands for your username and password for your security to secure your network from intruders.
- Now, start the distribution of your network by going with netsh wlan start hostednetwork (the command to type).
- If you tend to see the connection information type, netsh wlan show hostednetwork.
For your Windows 7 Computer–
The capability of turning on the WiFi hotspot on your PC on your Windows 7 PC via ad-hoc network is actually suitable for building a strong connection between two devices. When you set up the above-mentioned network, it will immobilize any of your existing connection this process only works if your WiFi is coming from the main router (Ethernet source).
In order to set up an ad-hoc network, you just need to follow below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the start menu by typing WIRELESS into the search box. After that go by clicking on the option MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS.
- In order to add a wireless network, click on the ADD
- Next, what you have to do is, select the option that will be available for you by the name of CREATE AN AD HOC NETWORK.
- Now, enter the SSID and click on SAVE THIS NETWORK. It will take few moments of yours to create a WiFi network. Once created, you can allow the users to attach to your network. Note- Don’t forget to uncheck ALLOW OTHER NETWORK USERS TO CONNECT THROUGH THIS COMPUTER INTERNET CONNECTION.
Don’t forget to install the Netgear Genie app from the play store. It is the most useful app that runs on your PC and other smart devices. Once installed, just open a web browser and type mywifiext in the field of address bar. A small step of default username and password you have to go through and after that welcome to the home page of Netgear Genie Setup.
This setup will manage, control and repair your current as well as the existing WiFi network. On the other hand, it will also take care of your home and network security system by giving you full control on the guest access and parental control.