Travelling may be pricey for some, but it all depends on how you do it. If you’ve been wanting to visit Perth, Australia, you don’t have to wait to save up thousands to be able to do it. Your dream of traveling in a campervan hire Australia can come true and you don’t have to wait to be a millionaire to accomplish it.
Of course, to ensure that you have a great trip on a budget, you’ll want to plan ahead. Perth is a popular spot in Australia and you don’t want to miss out on seeing what it’s all about.
It’s a gorgeous area with plenty of fun to be had, so instead of putting off your Perth visit for when you win the lottery, consider trying fun, free, or highly affordable experiences for your next vacation.
Tips for the Budget Conscious Traveller
The following tips will help you have an idea on how you can spend less, but still enjoy plenty of experiences while visiting Perth:
- Stay in a campervan hire: A great way to spend less on lodging is to rent a campervan hire Australia. Campervans are much more budget-friendly than motorhomes and provide you with a unique way to rest at night. While it may not be the most viable option during hot summer months, it can be the perfect alternative to an expensive hotel when the weather allows you to relax at any freedom camping spot or low-priced campsite.
- Go sunbathing at the beach: Who needs money to relax at the beach? Of course, you may want to bring some accessories, but otherwise, simply lay down a towel and enjoy getting a tan. Some top Perth beaches are Mullaloo Beach, Cottesloe Beach, and Scarborough Beach.
- Go visit the local national parks: Nature is one of the world’s most precious gifts and fortunately, it won’t cost you much more than a few bucks of money for fuel and possibly park fees. Other than that, you can enjoy life in the great outdoors for next to nothing while visiting Perth. Some of the favorite national parks in the area are Avon Valley National Park, Serpentine National Park, and John Forrest National Park. Some of these parks have long walks that can take you days, while others are great for a day-trek or even cycling. If you’ve been hoping for some time in nature, Perth is an ideal destination for you.
- Take some time to visit Penguin Island: Where else will you get to see penguins in the wild? Penguin Island is a must for those who love wildlife, nature, and of course, little penguins. Whether you’re traveling with your kids and you know that they’d love to experience seeing these adorable birds up close and personal or you simply love being in beautiful places with wildlife, this is the place to go.
- Try some local budget eats: Just because you’re traveling on a budget, it doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy life and good grub. There are some great spots in Perth that you’ll want to check out and you won’t have to spend much. Alfred’s Kitchen, Mama Tran, and Ace Pizza are just a few of the budget-friendly restaurants that have great deals for low prices.
- Explore weekend markets: If you have some free time on your hands over the weekend and want to check out some of the local goods, go on over to the markets in the area. From Kyilla Community Farmer’s Market to Twilight Hawkers Market, and Old Perth Road Markets, there are plenty to choose from. Whether you want some good local produce and food for your trip or you want to admire arts and crafts, the weekend markets are the place to do it and you don’t even have to spend a cent if you don’t want to.
- Cycle around town: If you’re an avid cyclist, you’ll love the opportunity to cycle in Perth. It has some great cycling paths, both in and outside of the city that will bring you past beautiful views and challenging trails. From Munda Biddi Bike Trail to The Kep Track, Four Trails Ride, and Railway Reserves Heritage Trail, there are several paths to keep you busy for a long time.
Perth is a place that won’t disappoint. While it does take some effort to get there, you can be certain that the “trouble” will be worth it. There is an abundance of nature and opportunity to see wildlife, whether it be penguins or whales.
The city itself is relaxed with a chill vibe and people are as friendly as anywhere in Australia. If you’re planning a trip in a campervan hire Australia, you’ll want to consider putting Perth on your itinerary. From the outdoor experiences to the local scene, Perth is a great place to be.