Other than creating logos and building websites, a business even aims to build a mobile application on different platforms. Agree or not?
Gone are the days when the development of mobile apps was restricted to just a few companies, maybe those who have high revenues. But today, it is no longer an option. Rather has become a necessary element for every business running digitally.
It can be an Android app, iOS-based application, mobile apps for Windows phone, or can be a combination of all. It doesn’t really matter. What matters is the development of a mobile app.
In India, several app development companies are residing in different sectors. If you Google the keyword “Android app development company in India” we are sure you will witness thousands in the list. Hence, reaching out to a professional mobile app developer won’t be tough.
The problem lies somewhere else. It’s the mobile app development tools and frameworks that are used to develop a business mobile app.
Any idea about the tools used for the Android app or iOS app development? No need to fret. This blog has two sections –
- 7 Best Mobile App Development Tools for Android Platform
- 7 Best Mobile App Development Tools for iOS Platform
Let’s begin with the Android app development tools followed by iOS.
7 Impressive Yet Effective Android App Development Tools
- Android Studio: Android studio was first launched in 2013 with an intention to develop specialized Android mobile applications. This with its integrated features excels in providing code editing, debugging, and testing on the user-friendly interface.
Image Source: Android Studio
The best thing about this mobile app development tool is you don’t need to pay a single buck to carry on with the development process. Furthermore, it is powered by a huge extension of the community. Not just Google, but it has an actively engaged community of Android mobile application developers.
- Android Debug Bridge: Next, on the list is the Android Debug Bridge tool. This tool generally acts as a bridge or communication channel between Android devices and other computers that are used for the entire development, QA, and debugging process.
What’s the best thing about this tool is, you just need to connect your Android device to the PC and put some commands. It becomes easier for the developers to make the necessary changes.
- AVD Manager: AVD manager or Android Virtual Device is again a demanding app development tool for the developers. The responsive features and easy to use interface, make it probably and feasible for the developers to conduct the development process so smoothly.
The best thing about this tool is, it can work on any Android device, irrespective of its screen sizes, resolutions, and versions of the operating system.
- Fabric: Fabric was the development tool used in the Twitter Mobile application. In the year 2017, Google purchased Fabric to build multiple other mobile applications. For example, Uber, Spotify, Square, Yelp, etc.
Apart from its effective features, it is the kits that have made it different from others. These kits include a variety of app development tools starting from beta-testing to marketing and advertising. Just choose your requirements and set off your development process.
- Genymotion: Genymotion is profoundly created for gaming applications as it is integrated with some Android images and graphic styles quite useful during the application testing process.
The cross-platform development tool is flexible to run on different environments and support different programming languages, thus making it easy for the developers to pursue their tasks.
Image Source: Genymotion
The best thing about this tool is it excels in providing greater speed while developing an Android application. Hence, if you are looking forward to developing a gaming app on the Android platform, make sure you use this Genymotion tool for better results.
- IntelliJ IDEA: If you are looking for something that is fast and furious and can provide high-level productivity in no time, then IntelliJ IDEA is what you need. The tool is definitely not so pocket-friendly as you expect but is highly in demand just because of its extremely advanced features used to give ultimate productivity.
Though being so expensive, it also has an absolutely free open-source edition for the students for one year. You can just try this out once.
- Instabug: You must have heard about this tool more than once while having beta testing and bug reporting. Isn’t it so? Well, if not let us explain to you this tool here.
The tool, quite popular for Android app development, is responsible for beta testing along with providing options to share screenshots by the user groups. Even the detailed error logs can be shared with the developers while having the QA and debugging process.
The best thing is that you can register to this tool in free during the trial version and later on can pay a few bucks to make use of its features.
7 Widely Used iOS App Development Tools
- Xcode: Want to build an exciting app for the Apple platform? Xcode is what you must need and what maximum iOS app development company The tool is responsible for converting and refactor code in a more convenient manner.
Image Source: Xcode
In simple words, it is a source code editor that allows you to customize your own features along with custom visualization. It even can run code easily without forming any error, thus allowing the developers to build a mobile app more easily. Some features it offers are Source Editor, Open Quickly, Live Issues, Data Recording, Complete Documentation, Integrated Build System, etc.
- Code Runner: Another tool for iOS app development is the Code Runner, used for delivering code in multiple languages along with other features like Fuzzy Search, Tab-Selectable Placeholders, Smooth Editor, Custom Syntax Color, and Documentation Snippets. This is one of the best coding tools that make use of simple to advanced level programming languages.
- Rx Swift: Have you spoken to your iOS developer? If so, they must have told you about this Rx Swift. The tool is known for creating dynamic apps by using both synchronous and non-synchronous code. Some features that create the distinction are like – Multi-code facility, use of MVVM template, Marble Diagrams usage, FlatMap option and many more.
- Fabric: No tool listed here is worthless and neither is the Fabric. It is a strong tool mainly used for building real-time iOS applications. Other than its app creating features, it even contributes a lot to the beta distribution and app deployment process.
Some exciting features for Fabric are – Theme customization, Beta analytics, Find Your Friends, Digits Sandbox, and many more.
- Applyzer: Being a marketer what is more important to you – development of app or app ranking? For a marketer both are mandatory.
That’s what this tool is meant for. It not just allows the iOS developers to develop an app for the Apple platform but even helps them to attain high app rankings.
The tool creates an insight into the application performance and allows you to compare your search engine rankings with your competitors. We guess that’s more important to stay competitive.
The exciting features it possesses are Worldwide App Rankings, Analysis of Email and Stack-Alerts.
- Stack Overflow: Stack Overflow is another solution for developers developing iOS applications. What it constitutes is a range of questions and answers related to programming topics. These topics will help you to access codes what exactly your application is demanding. In addition to this, the tool even works on the errors or bugs resulted while developing the codes.
Features of Stack Overflow includes Objective Q and A Style and a great range of reliable community.
- PhoneGap: PhoneGap tool works for both Android and iOS platforms. It acts as a versatile open-source app development tool that supports multiple devices including Blackberry, iTouch, iPad, and Symbian. This is the finest advantage that hardly any other tool provides.
It’s extreme flexibility and versatile components reduce the time consumption and efforts in creating an iOS-based app.
Won’t you like to try it out? Get in touch with an iOS app development company and share your needs.
Which platform is feasible to choose?
Both the Android and iOS platforms have their respective features and benefits. Just you need to focus on your target and reach your goals.
Who are your targeted customers? Do they prefer to use Android or they spend more time on their iOS mobile apps? The question is a bit tricky as you don’t know whether your customers are available on which platform.
Hence, to be on the safe side, it is better to develop an application for every mobile platform. This gives you the option to reach out to a large audience, irrespective of their mobile device. In this case, the tools that are free to use for every operating system can be the best. For example, NativeScript, PhoneGap, and so on.
If you are planning to develop a mobile app for your business, you must not step back or drop out your plan, no matter what’s the cause. Remember, that’s an initialization to the success of your business and it contributes a lot to the business growth.
So, choose the best iOS or Android app development company in India and build a successful mobile application based on your business profile.