The Dangers Of Mold In Our Homes And Signs To Look For

Mold can be a health hazard for yourself, your children or anyone else who lives in your home. It can also be a threat to any animals who share the home with you. Fortunately, there are ways that you can spot and remove it in a timely manner. Let’s take a look at the dangers of this substance as well as the ways in which it can be removed.

What Are Some of the Signs That Mold Is Present? 

Mold is likely to form in areas that are dark and humid and may be an issue if a home has experienced recent water damage. Therefore, you are most likely to find it in the attic, basement or even the garage. It can also form on the roof if there isn’t enough sunlight to dry up rain or snow that may have fallen on that part of the house.

Mold can either be green or black in color, and it can either cover entire areas of a room or appear in splotchy patterns. If you cannot see it directly, it may be possible to smell it. Generally, there will be a musty smell when there is mold in a room, and you may also have a hard time breathing when spores are in the air.

What Are Some of the Dangers Associated With Mold?

There are many dangers that may be associated with mold. First, it may lead to breathing problems for anyone who breathes the spores in. This may be true even for those who had healthy lungs or no obvious signs of asthma or other breathing problems.

Those who are allergic to mold may find that symptoms are especially severe. Symptoms may include itchy eyes, irritated skin or a significant cough that does not go away quickly. Other symptoms may include fatigue or headaches, and persistent exposure to this substance may even result in death.

What Can Be Done to Rid Homes of This Substance?

If your home has just experienced any amount of water damage, it may be a good idea to call in a water restoration company as soon as possible. This may make it possible to get rid of excess moisture in 24 hours or less. If water is allowed to linger for more than 24 hours, the damage to surfaces within a home could be permanent.

Furthermore, a water restoration company will know to open up walls or otherwise gain access to portions of a home that a person cannot generally see. This is important because mold can grow inside of walls or in other areas that homeowners may not necessarily think to check for damage.

If you think that there is mold growing in your home, it is important to take steps to remove it right away. This may also be true if you notice a musty smell coming from any portion of a home that may be dark and damp. Allowing it to linger may cause damage to the home as well as put your health and safety in jeopardy.

Christopher is an author and blogger who is passionate about home improvements projects. Making time to help family and friends while working with Reset Restoration.

Leave a Reply